Wednesday 20 June 2012

Well I Never

I am in my flat.  I have just had fried potatoes for lunch.  That is the homemade equivalent of chips. 
This is not getting my vow of healthy compartmentalised lunches off to a good start (more on that later).  Gads.  I'm going to have to have a cup of tea and a biscuit while I think about what just happened.

So - back to the wonder of London food-based experiences.  Sorry to go on about it but I just need to make mention of Crystal Palace Park Cafe.  I really think people ought to know about this.  You can keep your Savoy Grill.  Get it up ye The Ivy.  This is what I'm talking about.

Eight words which apply to the Crystal Palace Park Cafe:

HEALTHY     LUNCH      FIVE      POUNDS     HALLOUMI      MEZZE     TOTALLY     ACE

Kind of in that order. Here's pictorial evidence:


Himself was beside himself with excitement.  Ok, so his excited face is quite low-key, but he actually felt moved to go up to the wifey at the counter and say the words:  "That was the best lunch I have ever had."           I am not paraphrasing.  Our work colleagues will attest to the fact that even Himself's packed lunches are pretty spectacular, so this was quite a momentous moment.  Unfortunately the woman didn't seem to speak English but hey, I think she got the gist.         
All this and a statue of Guy the Gorilla to ponder on while you're eating. 

I recently discovered that 'Song For Guy' by Elton John was not written about Guy the Gorilla.  Great.  That's another long-held belief blown out the water.
FUFF x

No comments:

Post a Comment