Friday 1 April 2011

Heroes and Villians

In the words of dear Peaches Geldof, OMG!

It's been almost a year since my last post. I'm not sure why. I suppose life sometimes gets in the way...I feel the only way to deal with this is to do a quick round-up of the culinary heroes and villians of the last financial year, if my poor bedraggled brain can remember that far back.
Shall we do the Villians first? Yes, let's.

Tron Theatre:
Tasteless, over-priced. The only decent thing was the coffee. They charge £10 for a veggie burger which turns out to be the frozen variety from Farmfoods. Nuff said.

Balthassar:
Rave reviews for this recently-opened French eaterie had us thinking it would be the perfect place for a nice pre-Christmas lunch. Wrong! Here's why:
a) RUDE (I could go as far to say 'snooty') waiters providing zilch service; we were asked once during our 2 and a half hour meal if we needed anything (we were only there so long because everything was so painfully slow).
b) The half of the menu consisting of egg-based dishes was off because "the dairy delivery hasn't arrived today". First of all, eggs aren't dairy. Second of all, your restaurant is precisely 100 yards from a shop selling eggs - work it out!
c) The food is very very basic. I imagine they think that because it's a bit 'French' that it's ok to charge posh prices. It's not.
d) Tiny portions.

So there.

Hmm. I know there were plenty more crap restaurant experiences to report but I think I'm going to have to mull it over my (homemade) lunch.

FUFF x

No comments:

Post a Comment