Friday 1 April 2011

Heroes and Villians cont.

Ah, yes.  Cottiers. 
How could I forget?  A dining experience so incredibly bad we were given vouchers for a free meal to make up for it.  Don't really have the energy to go into it.  The second visit was an improvement but they're still asking an awful lot of cash in return for very little.  And their mulled wine at Christmas was undrinkable.  Just not on really.

The Wee Curry Shop (Ashton Lane):
Over-rated.  Food very average.  Noisy, badly decorated and atmosphere-free.  Rubbish service to boot.  Give me the Tiffin Rooms any day.

Hah!  Ok, let's move on to the good stuff.  I'll see if I can keep things even.

Roseleaf, Edinburgh:
Lovely food, interesting menu and quirky and comfy surroundings.  Spent a very enjoyable birthday afternoon there with four very nice men.

Cafe Fresh, Dublin:
Enormous portions of vegetarian loveliness.  The carnivore in the family says it was effing ace.

The Bridge House, Maida Vale, London
Extensive menu that's amazingly good value for that neck o the woods.  Experience slightly marred by the fact that the man in charge was a total dick. 

Hmm.  I'm trying to think of some goodies in my hometown.  Places I will be going back to include:
Shandon Belles at the Buttery (as long as they stop putting chorizo in the fish dish!!!!!!)
Stereo - mainly for the sweet potato chips
The Lane - good pizza and very nice hot butter rum
Velvet Elvis - am still trying to get my mits on their salt cod croquettes

There.  Not a totally depressing state of affairs.  Hooray!

FUFF  x

No comments:

Post a Comment