Monday 23 July 2012

An Island in Essex

Speaking of seafood shacks, can it really be almost a whole year since our visit to The Company Shed on Mersea Island?  Alas, it can.  What a lovely day that was.  Sunshine, beach huts, pictureskew cottages, house boats and bloody brilliant seafood:

The Company Shed is the kind of place that sticks to the basics - no faffing about, which means if you want side orders or anything that's not actual seafood, then you can bring your own.  And it was ace.  I ordered one of everything off the (extensive) menu which meant we struggled to finish it all but hey, I got over excited.  And it's not like I can pop in very often.




Mersea Island and the Company Shed made me want to up sticks and move to Essex.  If I did I'd quite like to live here:



FUFF x

No comments:

Post a Comment